On The Hunt For Healthy Glowing Skin This Easter?
Many have focused on achieving healthy skin, especially in the days of COVID, where we are experiencing breakouts and skin irritations from Maskne and unhealthy eating. Unfortunately, how to achieve healthy skin can sometimes be like an Easter hunt searching for that golden egg! But no worries, as we have put together some Egg-cellent tips to help you achieve a more youthful, hydrated, glowing complexion!
The Power Of Four
The approach to skincare is in 4 -folds: Treat, repair, prevent, and maintain. Preventing is more manageable and less costly than trying to fix an issue in the future with cosmetic surgery. Unfortunately, many get frustrated as they get overwhelmed trying to do too much at once. STOP. The best skincare routine is the crawl, walk, run approach. Lots put too many eggs in their basket and give up quickly before they start.
So to not get overwhelmed, think of your skincare routine as consisting of four main steps:
- Cleansing — Washing your face.
- Toning — Balancing and prepping the skin for other skincare products.
- Treatments- These are your anti-aging serums and creams.
- Moisturizing — Hydrating and softening the skin.
Cleanse Your Face Twice A Day
Regular cleansing is a must for healthy skin, which is why we suggest washing your face in the morning and before you go to bed. And for peeps sake, this doesn't include using bar soap and water unless you want to mess up your skin's PH balance, allowing for more bacteria and yeast growth, leading to skin irritations and breakouts. Properly removing makeup and other grime from your skin is a difference between healthy, glowing skin and aging, dry, acne-prone skin.
Make Sure To Use A Face Toner
A face toner is a must and the first product you should use after cleansing your face. By adding the right toner to your routine, you can really up to your skincare regimen, as toners are great for helping to prep your skin for better absorption of all your other skincare products.
A Moisturizer Is A Must
Keeping the skin properly moisturized is egg-sential to healthy, younger-looking skin. But what most are not familiar with is what if you are not applying it correctly or have chosen the wrong formula? A poorly chosen product and sloppy application can lead to sagging skin, breakouts, or even worse, dry, cracked skin that can allow bacteria to enter the moisture barrier, causing inflammation, redness, even infections.
Don't worry though, as we are hare to share some proper techniques and formula selections for you to be a moisturizing pro in no time!
Dry Skin- You want to look for something that can provide long lasting hydration and contains antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acids to defend against free radicals.
Oily Skin-There is a myth that you do not need a moisturizer if you have oily skin. The truth is if your skin is dehydrated, it compensates by creating more oil. Hence, you want to look for a light, oil-free moisturizer.
Sensitive Skin- You want to avoid products with strong fragrances. You also want to look for products containing skin-soothing ingredients, like green tea leaf extract, that improves skin complexion and targets premature skin aging.
Mature Skin- For mature skin, we recommend looking for products containing high levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to help combat visible fine lines and wrinkles.
Invest In Focused Skincare Treatments
Investing in treatments is a must. Think of focused treatments as something to treat a skincare concern, for example, loss of collagen, wrinkles, dry skin, acne, etc. And the true power and strength of beauty is in the use of clean, active ingredients in your treatment serums or Anti-aging cream.
For the hoppiest skin you want to look for products that have high contents of polyphenols that possess minerals and antioxidants.
- Forest-Grown Korean Ginseng- The superfood for all skin types.
- Plant-based Squalene- Helps lock moisture in the skin and can help the skin appear more vibrant and healthier.
- Hyaluronic Acid- This is the centerpiece of any anti-aging routine. It is ultra-moisturizing and helps to keep skin hydrated, plump, and more radiant. It visibly softens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Green Tea- This is known for fighting free radicals and boosting overall skin hydration.
- Argan Oil- Helps slow the aging process by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Shea Butter- Supports skin elasticity, suppleness and nourishes the skin. Shea Butter also fights dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles without clogging pores.
Use Bunny Approved Skincare
Save the Easter Bunny with cruelty-free skincare! At Ginjo Beauty, our mission is to use nature to maximize our beauty safely and healthily. Not only are our products cruelty-free, but they are also free from harmful ingredients, safe for the planet, and EWG certified. We have created a highly effective skincare line with anti-aging power you can feel good about. And the best thing is that it genuinely works!
Detox The Skin From All The Easter Candy
With chocolate bunnies and marshmallow eggs at every turn, we may find ourselves overindulging in the sweets. Sadly, a spike in too much sugar can cause the skin to become lackluster, dry, dull, not to mention those darn blemishes.
One way to detox and wipe the slate clean, so to speak, is with lemons. And no, we are not talking about rubbing lemons on your face, but rather drinking some hot lemon water. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning is a great way to detox your skin by forcing out impurities and those sweet bunny treats that can clog pores.
See some of the many benefits of lemons below:
- Lemons contain alpha-hydroxy acid.
- Have tons of antibacterial properties, making lemons particularly useful when it comes to blemishes.
- High in vitamin C, which helps to destroy free radicals and toxins.
- Helps with your skin tone.
- Overall, lemons can bring a much-needed glow to your complexion by rejuvenating the skin from within!
Well, that’s all yolks, until next time!