Skincare Resolutions You Can Actually Commit To
This year more than ever, we can't wait for the new year to come. And with the New Year comes New Year's resolutions. We do not know about you, but our idea of resolutions is to focus on things that you can actually commit to, as setting unrealistic goals does nothing but set you up for failure, not a great way to start the New Year if you ask us. Today, we will share some achievable New Years' resolutions; that, of course, will include some skincare resolutions for 2021.
Exfoliate And Moisturize Your Entire Body
We are starting with this first as when most people think of a skincare routine, they only think of the face, which is further from the truth, as a great skincare regimen involves exfoliating and moisturizing from the top of our heads to the tip of our toes. Especially this time of year, with dry winter skin, you need to be sloughing it away. One of the best ways to do this is by dry brushing (it’s your skincare knight in bristly armor).
Dry brushing has a remarkable positive impact on the skin. Not only is it a terrific way to eliminate toxins and detoxify by promoting lymphatic drainage, but it also increases the blood circulation, stimulates the nervous system, unclogs your pores, and exfoliates your entire body.
Tell Me How to Dry Brush
Dry brushing is easy. All you need is about 10 minutes and a soft, firm bristle brush! The keyword here is dry, so you need to make sure both the brush and your skin are completely dry.
- While the brush should be soft, you will be making firm strokes, which is why we suggest a medium-soft bristle brush. (The skin should never be scratched or damaged).
- Start at the feet and move up your entire body.
- You want to use firm, small upward strokes and work in some circular motions so you are not pulling and tugging on the skin, as that can cause premature aging.
- Make sure to take a tepid shower afterward. Hot water can strip your skin of essential oils.
- Finish with a nourishing body butter or carrier oil.
Use A Humidifier Daily
A humidifier is the skin's best friend. Going back and forth from indoor heat to outdoor cool and vice versus can cause your skin to be exposed to artificial air. Whether heat or the AC, both will strip the moisture from the air and skin. A humidifier is a great way to add moisture back into the air and your skin. You want to keep your humidifier running at a relative humidity level between 40-50%.
Commit To Washing And Toning Your Face Every Morning
Vowing to do this is easier said than done, but you MUST set aside some time to wash and tone your skin every morning in 2021. You see, the skin restores, replenishes, and repairs itself while we sleep. During this repair mode, the skin will secrete oils and toxins, and having this build of dirty toxins on the face is not a way to aging gracefully. You want to make sure you are cleansing your face like a pro, and don't forget to use a toner, the secret weapon to healthy, glowing skin. Toners are also perfect for prepping the skin for your anti-aging treatments and serums.
Simplify Your Skincare Regimen Without Compromising On Quality
We get it skincare can be overwhelming, but you do not need 20 different skincare products. Your best bet is to look for a brand that offers a kit, like Ginjo’s Starter Kit. It is the perfect starter of all the basic skincare products you need for flawless skin in just three easy steps.
Don't Forget Your Neck
One area we see people forget in their skincare routine that is prone to premature aging is the neck. You exfoliate the face, apply amazing serums and skincare, but stop out the jawline. In 2021 you need to extend all your skincare to your neck and your decolletage.
Did you know that our neck's skin is much thinner, which is why it is more prone to wrinkling, as there is less collagen in your neck skin? Also, the neck has fewer sebaceous glands, the glands that secrete oil. This oil is what naturally heals and lubricates the skin providing fewer signs of aging.
So next time you are cleansing and moisturizing your face, do not forget your neck area.
Commit To Using Beauty Products Free Of Harmful Ingredients
The skincare industry has slowly become more safety-conscious in the past few years, but it needs consumers' help to invigorate the push toward more EWG verified beauty brands. If a product has an "EWG Verified™" logo on it, this means it meets EWG's strictest standards and contains none of EWG's chemicals of concern. Furthermore, all companies that are EWG Verified have disclosed full transparency regarding formulations and their manufacturing process. This further means that this product is safe and healthy.
Max Out Your Beauty Sleep
Beauty sleep is real, so while you relax your mind and body for those eight hours, why not work in some skincare too!
- Go to bed with a clean face. Properly removing makeup and other grime your skin has been exposed to is a difference between healthy, glowing skin and aging, dry, acne-prone skin.
- Step up your skincare game with a fantastic collagen boost like Ginjo Collagen Gems that ensure maximum moisture for visibly plump and glowing skin.
- Support the skin's natural cycle of repair with a rich moisturizer. Give your skin a goodnight treat with our nourishing night cream. This intensive night cream uses ginseng, a 'superfood' for the skin, to optimize skin regeneration overnight.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase. Silk pillowcases can help eliminate sleep lines and prevent eye and forehead wrinkles, as you are not pulling and tugging on the skin as you would with a cotton pillowcase.