The Benefits Of Adding A Toner To Your Skincare Routine
What is the secret weapon to healthy skin by unclogging and tightening your facial pores? It is a face toner!
Face toners are often a disregarded step in a skincare routine, but once you realize how these liquid moisturizers “wake up” the youthful cells of your skin, you’ll be ready to add this skin-changing step to your regimen.
So, if you want to find out how to get to healthy-looking skin by adding a toner to your skincare routine, continue reading.
What Is A Toner
Most think face toners are drying and should only be used by those who have oily skin, but this is furthest from the truth. Skin toners have come a long way in the past few years. The fact is a great face toner contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, skin-restoring, and replenishing ingredients that balance and leaves the skin glowing and smooth.
When Should You Use A Toner
Toners should be used immediately after cleansing as they help to thoroughly clear away makeup, dead skin cells, and any other grime that may be left on your skin.
After using a toner, you then want to apply your treatment focused serums, moisturizer, and anti-aging products.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Toner As Part Of Your Skincare Routine
- They replenish and nourish the complexion after ridding the skin of pore-clogging impurities.
- Preps the skin for your anti-aging treatments and serums.
- Improves the appearance of uneven skin tone, texture, minimizes pores; some can even smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps restore the PH balance for a healthier-looking complexion.
- Fights against free radicals by adding a layer of protection to the surface of the skin.
- Optimally hydrates the skin.
- It can help your other skincare products to absorb and penetrate more quickly.
What Ingredients Should You Avoid in a Toner
You want to avoid toners with harsh ingredients that can deplete the skin, like witch hazel, menthol, SD Alcohol 40 or Denatured Alcohol, artificial fragrances, synthetics, acetone, and other skin-irritating ingredients that work against healthy-looking skin.
What Ingredients Should You Look For In A Toner
Now that the harmful ingredients are out of the way let's discuss what ingredients you should look for when selecting a toner. We suggest using toners that are EWG Verified that contain high levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, like Ginjo Wake-Up Toner.
Key Ingredients In Ginjo Wake-Up Toner
This toner contains some highly beneficial minerals, antioxidants, and superior vitamin extracts like:
- Green tea to help defend the skin from environmental assault.
- Plant-based, gluten-free squalene to lock moisture in the skin and help the skin appear more vibrant and healthy.
- Ultra-hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid that keeps the skin hydrated, plump, and more radiant.
- The signature ingredient of Ginjo Wake Up Toner is ginseng, a skin-restoring 'superfood.'
Ginjo Wake-Up Toner is also GMO-free, gluten-free, and cruelty-free.
To Sum It Up
In conclusion, once you find a well-formulated face toner, the results of adding it to your skincare routine will speak for itself. And instead of being an optional step or one you skip; a toner will be a must in your daily skincare routine.